Kick Off BBQ Season with Sarah Moore04 Nov 2019
When the weather's fine, take it outside with this delicious Barbeque Salmon Skewers recipe by Sarah Moore.
Just don't forget the picnic rug!
Barbeque Salmon Skewers Recipe
- 450g skinless salmon fillet, cut into 2cm chunks
- ½ fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- ½ red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into thick rounds and halved
- Wooden kebab sticks
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- Juice of a lemon or lime
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon sesame
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
- Thread the salmon, pineapple, onion and zucchini, alternatively on the kebab sticks.
- Place kebabs into a container with an air-tight lid and cover in the marinade. Marinade for at least 15 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat BBQ hotplate to medium-high heat.
- Spray BBQ with olive oil then add the kebabs. Cook, turning occasionally, until salmon is opaque throughout and vegetables are tender, about 10-12 minutes.
Stay tuned for all things food and wellness.
Sarah Moore (RNutr, MPH)